SCTPN awards children and young adults living with sickle cell/and or thalassemia, for their scholastic achievements. Our annual Scholastic and Scholarship Program honor students who demonstrate academic excellence and outstanding determination to succeed. The Sickle Cell Thalassemia Patients Network support and promote academic achievement. We believe education is a prudent investment in the foundation of their future.
The Undergraduate Scholarship Program affords individuals entering college or already in college an opportunity to apply for our annual scholarship. Qualifying applicants receive a monetary award in the amount of $1000.00. These funds are intended to provide assistance with tuition, books, room and board, meals and/or other expenses. Former recipients may re-apply each year.
SCTPN will track the progress of all scholarship award recipients throughout their college experience. Support, advocacy, and mentoring will be provided.
- Complete scholarship application and required forms clearly and accurately.
- Provide two letters of recommendation from non-family members
- Write a 500 word essay answering the questions provided. (Spelling or grammatical errors are grounds for disqualification.)
- Be diagnosed with Sickle Cell Disease or Thalassemia
While attending college you may reapply each year for a scholarship. Scholarships are only distributed once per year in the month of October.
- Complete application
- Provide two letters of recommendation one from one of your professors and one from a non-family member
- Must maintain a 2.75 grade point average
- Provide an official transcript (if your official transcript is not available send the unofficial with the application and send the official later once it is available)
- Please provide a response for the essay questions provided.
All criterias required for eligibility. No exceptions.
Scholarship Application 2016-2017
Click the links below to download the application